Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inNEWS

[EVENT] Job System Contest

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sean
DayDream Owner
DayDream Owner
Sean

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-28

[EVENT] Job System Contest Empty
PostSubject: [EVENT] Job System Contest   [EVENT] Job System Contest Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 6:12 pm

JOB SYSTEM [EVENT] Job System Contest 4211006

Well I'm here with another contest. Plainly because I am planning the layout of the server and need help making customized features for the server. I have yet to finish any party quests, as I put them on hold for now. Any news relating to them will be further announced in the latest news section. If you have any thoughts of why I have yet to update that section, I will update it soon, once I have a few major updates put down and finished. Well you may wonder why I am here and what this event is all about. This event is based on a new system that will be a private server exclusive to DayDream MS. It consists of schooling for knowledge, thus leading to jobs. It may sound complicated at first, but I'll try to break it down for you.

This is basically the layout of the concept:

1. Enlist for school. Before you are able to be accepted you must take a basic test to prove you have enough knowledge.

2. Once you are enlisted in school you will start in Kindergarten like reality. You will be given tasks to complete to advance to the next grade and as you advance the tasks get harder and harder.

3. As you reach a high enough grade, your assignments start getting timed. If you fail to meet the time limit of finishing the assignment you have failed an assignment and it shows on your school record. Every time you complete your assignment it gets recorded as well. If you fail an assignment you can't take it again.

4. The main concept of failed/completed assignments is that it determines your grade. Grades will later be used to determine if you can pass the class or not. This starts once you enter high school and if you do not get a passing grade (C) then you will have to repeat the grade.

5. Starting from middle school you have to take a test to advance to the next grade. It is a test based on what you learn in that grade, so you must listen to what you learn and you should do well.

6. Once you have completed all classes and grades you are presented a diploma of your High School degree. Depending on your overall GPA and which high school you went to (way later to be implemented) you will be able to enter some colleges. Some colleges have more higher requirements and tuition. You will have to pay tuition and for you supplies so be sure to save some money. You might be lucky to receive a scholarship for your knowledge.

7. Depending on what college you go to, is what you can learn there. For example if you go to a old and uneducated college you cannot become a police officer or doctor. You'll have to be one of the lower paid jobs such as garbage collecting or such. College is mostly like a training program. You take classes on your major, learn about it, then have to take a test on it. This makes it so you know exactly what you're doing and prepares you for your job. If you do not pass the test you can take it over again, but if you fail 3 times you will not be able to try again until you retake the course.

8. If you have gotten this far of getting your degree from college, you are ready for your job. Some jobs require more years in college and a higher degree. Jobs that are required with higher degrees not only pay better, but give bonus increases, such as discounts, exp rate, or drop rate increases.

9. Some jobs are given special privileges, such as a police officer. Their job is to clean the streets of any abuse or wrong-doing and help catch hackers. At first they start out with low authority. They might only be able to fine people for not following rules and if they cannot pay they will be sent to jail. This has to be approved by a GM. As they grow in the ranks of the police branch, they have more authority. They can jail a person automatically if they don't follow the rules, and soon not even with a GM's approval. The highest rank of a police officer lets them warp and ban others.

10. You can also be removed from your position. If you are caught not doing your job correctly you will be warned. Three warnings is enough for you to be fired from your position. Once fired, you may not be able to sign up for that job until you retake the school program or go out for another position.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now this is where you come in. I need ideas for assignments and job positions.

The layout for assignments:

1. Assignment Name
2. Description
3. Difficulty
4. Reward
5. Time Limit (if difficulty is hard enough)

The reward can be such things as meso rewards, stat bonuses, equipment, etc. Nothing too special though.
It can also be Karma (a system yet to be described) but basically it is a stat that increases as you do good deed or decreases when you do something bad. Karma can be used to access such NPCs, either on the good or evil side. Other things might be assignment points. You need enough assignment points to be able to take the next grade test (which i should have mentioned earlier) and the requirement of assignment points increases every next grade.

Example:

1. Attack of the Snails
2. Kill snails and bring back 100 blue snail shells.
3. Easy
4. 10 assignment points
5. None.

The layout for jobs:

1. Job name
2. Description
3. Bonuses/Payment
4. Special Abilities
5. Knowledge

Special abilities is like any commands that they might achieve for the job. Bonuses are extras for having the job and payment is how much you make for the job. Job name is what the job is called. Knowledge is another system I have yet to explain. It increases as you do harder based assignments. It also is a requirement for some higher classed colleges. Courses you take also give you knowledge, they are basically 'credits' in reality. Some jobs need a required amount of knowledge to access them.

Example:

1. Police Officer
2. Enforces the rules.
3. Stat Bonuses (+5 all stats)
Increases drop rate (25%)
Special weapon/armors
50% of money gained when someone is fined.

4. Jail, Ban, Warp, Fine.
5. 5,000
Back to top Go down
iluvwesties

iluvwesties

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-09-18

[EVENT] Job System Contest Empty
PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] Job System Contest   [EVENT] Job System Contest Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 7:01 pm

[[Job]]
1. Chef
2. Makes and sells rare types of potions
3. Free potions!! Lol. && Gets the money made by selling his/her creations
4. Gets to use the "oven"- A certain area in their bakery only accessable by the chef where you drop in certain potions or etc. items to mix them together and form a different potion, like, if you put in a white potion and a blue potion you get an elixir
5. Uh. 4,000? o-o Iunno
[[Extra Info- When you get your college degree in baking you also get a recipe book on how to make different kinds of potions :O]]
Back to top Go down

[EVENT] Job System Contest
Page 1 of 1